The Front Door Initiative: Connection, care coordination, and community collaboration
Care management & redesign Strengthening ecosystems of care SDOH & health equity Workforce development
The Front Door Initiative is a grant-funded project at the Allegheny Health Network Jefferson Hospital to address needs related to social determinants of health for patients in the emergency department. In this webinar, panelists from Allegheny Health Network and Cornerstone Care shared how the Front Door Initiative’s process is helping meet the needs of their patients. They discussed how referrals, community organization connections, and patient costs are measured to determine project impact and how relationships between patients and community health workers creates a model that is both adaptable and scalable.
- Meredith M. Aumer DNP, RN, CPEN, NE-BC, Director of Emergency Services AHN Jefferson Hospital
- Alyson Lush, Program Manager, Front Door Initiative, AHN Jefferson Hospital
- Heather Sims, Senior Project Manager/Community Health Worker Supervisor, Front Door Initiative, AHN Jefferson Hospital
- Kristin Sowers, BSN, RN, ED Patient Experience Nurse, AHN Jefferson Hospital
- David Wiles, Community Health Worker, Cornerstone Care