Amplify speaker profile
Areas of expertise: Disability rights, advocacy, care-giving, children with complex needs, maternal health, grief, wholistic wellness, health literacy, health equity, community engagement, and systems change.
Bio: Naomi D. Williams is a perfectly imperfect person on a mission to empower individuals and families to live their best life, now. As a Life Doula, she helps people navigate and process major life altering events. Naomi believes anyone and everyone can and should lead an exceptional life. Naomi uses her experiences as a grief coach and yoga instructor to inform her work as an advocate and systems navigator. When not advocating for her family or others, you can find Naomi getting lost exploring nature or taking a deep breath on her yoga mat.
- National Advisory Committee Member for the Advancing Health Equity Learning Collaborative, 2022-present
- Panelist at the Alan and Janet Roberts Memorial fund Community Roundtable in bioethics: Building Trust in Health Services: What’s Needed?, 2022
- National Consumer Scholar, 2021- 2022
- Patient Family Advisory Committee Liaison for the Patient-Centered Complex Care Research Agenda project, 2021-2022
- Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities Public Policy Fellow, 2020-2021
- IHI Conversation Project: Pediatric Starter Kit – For Caregivers of a Child with Serious Illness, 2020
- Mind, Body, Spirit: An Integrated Approach to Fitness Family Perspective article, 2020
- Principal in the 6,000 Waiting documentary, 2019
- Consumer spotlight: A busy and exciting end to 2021, 2022