As part of our work supporting office-based addiction treatment (OBAT) in New Jersey, the Camden Coalition provides multiple training and support for OBAT navigators. If you have questions or would like more information, contact Mouy Pan, Program Manager for Clinical Redesign Initiatives, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OBAT Navigator Training
Office-based addiction treatment (OBAT) navigators play a critical role in the expansion of medications for addiction treatment (MAT) services in New Jersey. Under the New Jersey MATrx model, OBAT navigators are integral team members in OBAT practices who are tasked with initiating and maintaining a psychosocial treatment plan (care plan) that supports patients through all phases of their treatment.
This training series of four webinars focuses on actionable information for OBAT navigators on how to support patients’ goals and priorities as well as best practices in connecting patients to behavioral health and social service resources.
Session 1: Introduction to substance use disorders, harm reduction, trauma-informed care, and the OBAT model
Sessions 2 and 3: Approaches for building relationships and putting harm reduction, trauma-informed care, and care-planning into practice in a clinic-based setting
Session 4: Community resources and referral tools to address identified needs and ongoing learning
The training series is free for OBAT navigators and providers. If you are not an OBAT navigator or a provider but are interested in participating in the training, please contact us. Please also note that participants are required to attend all 4 sessions in order to receive a Certificate of Completion. If you are unable to attend all of the sessions, please contact us for approval before registering.
The next training series are:
Training series #1 (online) | Register
- March 16, 2021 1:00 – 4:00 PM
- March 23, 2021 1:00 – 4:00 PM
- March 30, 2021 1:00 – 4:00 PM
- April 6, 2021 1:00 – 4:00 PM
Training series #2 (pending in-person) | Register
- August 10, 2021 1:00 – 4:00 PM
- August 17, 2021 1:00 – 4:00 PM
- August 24, 2021 1:00 – 4:00 PM
- August 31, 2021 1:00 – 4:00 PM
Navigator Support Events
The Navigator Support Event is an ongoing opportunity for OBAT navigators to continue learning through:
- Discussion of (de-identified)patient cases and support thinking through patient engagement strategies, potential resources, and how to practice self-care while doing this work
- Presentations and sharing updated resources about relevant topics such as harm reduction, strategies for identifying new community resources, telephonic engagement during the COVID-19 pandemic, and more.
These events will take place every other month during 2021. Register for each event separately.
- February 5, 2021 12:00 – 1:00 PM
- April 2, 2021 12:00 – 1:00 PM
- June 4, 2021 12:00 – 1:00 PM
- August 6, 2021 12:00 – 1:00 PM
- October 1, 2021 12:00 – 1:00 PM
- December 3, 2021 12:00 – 1:00 PM