As part of our work supporting office-based addiction treatment (OBAT) in New Jersey, the Camden Coalition provides multiple training and support for OBAT navigators. If you have questions or would like more information, contact Laura Sorensen, Senior Program Manager for Substance Use, Harm Reduction and Behavioral Health Initiatives, at firstname.lastname@example.org
MAT Lunch Hours
Co-hosted with New Jersey’s MAT Centers of Excellence, the MAT Lunch Hours are hour-long virtual meetings to hear from experts and discuss the latest in clinical and non-clinical issues affecting the MAT patient population. Providers, OBAT navigators, peers, advocates, and other stakeholders working in New Jersey’s substance use disorder field are welcome to attend. If you have questions or would like more information, contact Shelby Kehoe, Program Manager for Policy & Advocacy, at email@example.com.
MAT Lunch Hours are held bi-monthly on third Wednesdays at 12:00pm ET | Register here.
OBAT navigator training
Office-based addiction treatment (OBAT) navigators play a critical role in the expansion of medications for addiction treatment (MAT) services in New Jersey. Under the New Jersey MATrx model, OBAT navigators are integral team members in OBAT practices who are tasked with initiating and maintaining a psychosocial treatment plan (care plan) that supports patients through all phases of their treatment.
This training series focuses on foundational knowledge and actionable information for OBAT navigators such as:
- Introduction to substance use disorders, harm reduction, trauma-informed care, and the OBAT model
- Approaches for building relationships and putting harm reduction, trauma-informed care, and care-planning into practice in a clinic-based setting
- Best practices in connecting patients to behavioral health and social service resources including specific community resource identification and referral tools
The training series is free for OBAT navigators and providers/clinical support staff. If you are not an OBAT navigator or a provider but are interested in participating in the training, please contact us. Please also note that participants are required to attend all sessions in order to receive a Certificate of Completion. If you are unable to attend all of the sessions, please contact us for approval before registering.
License specific CEUs are available for nurses, social workers, pharmacists, and physicians, and interdisciplinary continuing education credits are available for other disciplines.
If you have questions or would like more information, contact Gladys Antelo-Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two training cohorts are currently available:
Spring 2023 cohort (virtual) | Register here
- March 14 | 9-11 am ET
- March 16 | 9-11 am ET
- March 21 | 9-11 am ET
- March 23 | 9-11 am ET
- March 28 | 9-11 am ET
- March 30 | 9-11 am ET
Fall 2023 cohort (virtual) | Register here
- September 12 | 9-11 am ET
- September 14 | 9-11 am ET
- September 19 | 9-11 am ET
- September 21 | 9-11 am ET
- September 26 | 9-11 am ET
- September 28 | 9-11 am ET
SUD navigation support calls
In addition to the main OBAT navigator training, we are offering quarterly case conferencing and skills lab calls to provide ongoing opportunity for OBAT navigators and other SUD navigators / case managers in New Jersey to continue learning through:
- Hour long deep dive of particular content areas
- Discussion of (de-identified) patient cases and support thinking through patient engagement strategies, potential resources, and how to practice self-care while doing this work
- Presentations and sharing updated resources about relevant topics such as harm reduction, strategies for identifying new community resources, trauma-informed care, self care, and more
In 2023 these calls will take place quarterly on the following dates, from 12-1pm ET:
- March 16, 2023
- June 22, 2023
- September 21, 2023
- November 10, 2023
Navigator focused resources
- You can find additional OBAT Navigator resources within this folder. The folder includes navigator care plan templates and onboarding slides.
- To access a curated social service platform to find resources such as food, housing, transportation, getting a new ID and more, please go to MyResourcePal
- MyResourcePal also has OBAT-specific folders, populated with common resources for OBAT navigators and SUD navigators / case managers, and are linked directly on the front page. More information and instructions on how to use MyResourcePal is here.
Other OBAT provider resources
- To access evidence-based clinical support, mentoring and more information about MOUD implementation, please visit the New Jersey MAT Centers of Excellence websites at:
- To find more information regarding the OBAT model, provider and practice eligibility, updated guidelines, information on reimbursement, and more, please visit the Department of Human Services Website.